Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Counting Sheep



Funny thing right now, I am very tired and I should be sleeping, but I just can't. It's 11:30 and I've only been trying for about 40 minutes, but I can tell it's going to be one of those nights when sleep is going to take a few hours to come. Mike's up doing some work so I thought I'd just come keep him company. Pretty soon Brooklynn is going to wake up and need to eat again, so I should be catching up on my zzz's but no can do. I did cheat and take a sleeping pill, but that will also take awhile to kick in. My sweet husband can sleep anytime, any where, with any noise. I will wake up to a pin drop. Darn him. It just gets so frustrating. If I wake up with the kids in the middle of the night, you can trust I am wide awake and it will take me a good while to go to sleep. If I get Mike up to take care of the kids he does it in his sleep. In the morning I will thank him for taking care of the boys, and he will respond, "I did? I don't remember that." It's so funny. Sometime I talk him to sleep. Right now he is probably on his 3rd Dr. Pepper of the night and guess who will be asleep sooner tonight? Oh well I am not too bitter. Got any good advice on how you fall asleep clue me in.

8 comments:

Tori said...

I, like your husband, usually have no problems sleeping (a family thing). But, lately, I have been waking up in the middle of the night, wanting to badly to roll over onto my stomach because my hips are so sore from laying on my side. I usually can't fall back to sleep for a while (until I make my mind stop going over lesson plans, Christmas, and money woes). The best thing I've found for clearing my mind is breathing really slowly and deeply, and only focusing on those breaths. Sometimes I count the breaths. Seems to work for me, but it takes a good 5 minutes of really trying. Good luck you cute mommy!

Stacia said...

Man you sound like me! My kids are pretty good at sleeping all night but when they do get me up it is soooo hard to fall back asleep! That's when I decide to do all my worrying! It makes me crazy there are also the nights when I wake up all on my own just to get frustrated and mad that I can't go back to sleep for some reason I always stress myself when i can sleep out and I keep telling myself there is nothing I can do about any of it in the middle of the night but man I hate that! I support the sleeping pill I need to get me some! Taylor is just like Mike he could sleep through a hurricane!

Cami said...

Oh Kathi, I have so been there. The sure fire way to fall asleep for me is to read. I have been working on The Host now for about a month. It is taking me so long because I just read a few pages and I'm out like a light. I hope tonight yields more rest for you...moms deserve some zzzzzzzz!

Kristi said...

I am up early this morning because I had such a rough night. It only took me 15-20 min. to fall asleep, but I woke up at least a dozen times. Never really reaching the peaceful sleep. My whole body's sore this morning. I need a masseuse!

Elizabeth said...

Hi there - it's Lizzy - Jed Jenson's wife :) I followed the link on your blog from Kristi's. It's fun to see pics of you guys and your cute families. We've heard updates from Shirley over the years. I'm so jealous you saw Phantom! My parents just saw it last month at the Venetian too.

My blog is private but if you want an invite - just send me an email and I will hook ya up ;)
elizabethjenson @ gmail

Shannon said...

I don't have much advice for you because like my siblings, I can fall asleep in the middle of a sentence. One thing I have tried though is...it sounds stupid...I open and close my eyes slowly a bunch of times until my eyelids are heavy and they just don't open anymore. It's probably in my head, but it works for me. Maybe try it?

Stake Camp Directors said...

Yikes, I tried to put everyone in order and I waited because I was trying to find out who was born first--but never emailed you to find out. SOOO you are the first before your sis. Sorry THE FAVORITE AUNT

Tori said...

Check out this news story from KSL: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4699330

Something to think about

Something to think about

It's Coming!

Lilypie Next Birthday PicLilypie Next Birthday Ticker